Makrana White Marble is a high-quality white marble variety extracted from the Makrana region in Rajasthan, India. This type of marble has been used for many prestigious buildings and monuments, including the Taj Mahal, which was built of Makrana marble.
One of the distinguishing features of Makrana marble is its flawless white colour, which is unique and not found in other types of marble. The marble is also known for its exceptional durability and strength, as well as its resistance to weathering, making it a preferred choice for outdoor applications.
The ultimate guide to Makrana white marble: a timeless classic for home renovation and design
What is Makrana white marble, its history and its benefits?
Makrana marble is a pristine white marble variety extracted from the city of Makrana in India. Prized for its exquisite esthetics and purity, this marble is used for the construction and embellishment of temples, buildings and monuments. While many marbles are known for their beauty and quality, Makrana marble is considered one of the most outstanding marbles due to its flawless white colour, innate elegance and captivating appearance among its other characteristics.
Makrana marble is characterized by a fine-grained structure with minimal porosity, making it less prone to water absorption and staining. This characteristic, along with its ease of workability, has made it a preferred material for artists and sculptors for centuries.
In addition to its exceptional beauty and durability, this marble is also valued for its historical significance. The Makrana region has been an important centre for marble quarrying and sculpture for over four centuries. Marble from this region has been used for some of the most important monuments and buildings in India. This rich heritage has made Makrana marble an important cultural landmark and a source of national pride.
For several centuries, it has been prized for its exceptional properties, making it a desirable material for many building applications. Its distinctive properties, including superior strength, whiteness and durability, have contributed to its reputation as a high-quality marble. It is also weather and fire-resistant, as well as resistant to chemical attack, further enhancing its usefulness. These properties make Makrana marble an optimal choice for interior and exterior construction projects. It is also one of the most cost-effective and readily available types of marble, making it a preferred choice for many homeowners.
A closer look at the many types of Makrana White marble available in the marketplace
There are several types of white Makrana marble on the market, each with unique characteristics and aesthetic appeal. Among the most popular types of white Makrana marble are:
Latest Videos of White Makrana Marbles
- Makrana Pure White Marble: This is the most desirable type of Makrana White Marble, prized for its pure white colour and crystalline texture. It is ideal for interior finishing, especially for floors, walls and countertops.
- Makrana Albeta Marble: This marble is characterized by a creamy white background with grey and black veins that give it a special and elegant look. It is used in interior design, including flooring, walls and decorative accents.
- Makrana Kumari Marble: This type of marble is characterized by a white background and light grey veins. It is suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications, including floors, walls and sculptures.
- Makrana Dungri Marble: This marble is known for its subtle grey veins on a white background, giving any room a unique and sophisticated look. It is an ideal choice for interior design, including floors, walls and decorative accents.
This marble is also very durable and water resistant. It is known for its diverse colour palette, which includes shades of pure white, grey, pink and others. Its brilliant shine and ability to retain its white colour for a long time make it even more attractive. These properties have made Makrana White Marble a preferred choice for discerning customers in a wide range of applications.
What is so special about Makrana marbles?
Makrana White Marble is known for its exceptional properties, which make it a sought-after material in the construction and decoration industries. One of its most important properties is its high calcium content, which contributes to its water resistance. This makes it one of the least water-absorbent marbles available in India. With a 98% calcium carbonate content and only 2% impurities, Makrana marble is considered an exceptional product.
Is Makrana marble expensive?
Makrana marble is considered a high-quality natural stone and is expensive compared to other types of marble available on the market. The price of this marble depends on various factors such as the size, thickness, quality and workmanship of the marble. The higher the quality and workmanship of the marble, the higher its price. Transportation costs can also affect the final price of the marble, depending on where the buyer is located. Despite its cost, its unique characteristics and timeless beauty make it a popular choice for many homeowners and designers.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of white makrana marble?
- Esthetic appeal: it is known for its elegant, pristine white appearance, which can give any room a luxurious and timeless look.
- Durability: it is a very hard and durable stone that is resistant to scratching, cracking and chipping.
- Heat Resistance: marble is a natural insulator and does not conduct heat, making it a good choice for use in areas with high temperatures.
- Versatility: This marble can be used for a variety of applications, including flooring, countertops, and decorative accents, and it can be cut and polished into a variety of finishes.
- Porosity: This marble is a porous stone, which means it can absorb liquids and stains if not sealed and maintained.
- Susceptible to etching: It is acid sensitive and can be corroded or discoloured by contact with acidic substances such as vinegar or citrus juice.
- Expensive: It is a high-quality material that is more expensive than other types of marble or stone.
- Requires maintenance: This marble must be cleaned and sealed regularly to prevent stains and discolouration, which can drive up maintenance costs over time.
Makrana marbles are a beautiful and durable material that can add elegance and sophistication to any space. But it may not be the best choice for high-traffic areas or those looking for a low-maintenance option.
RMS Stonex is a marble company based in India, we are a dealer of marble in Rajasthan. The company works with companies and wholesalers. It is available in various categories and is located near Kishangarh, Rajasthan. Apart from its exceptional qualities, this marble has a unique and captivating look that enhances its charm and makes it an appealing option for various design projects.
Contact us – (+91916666037) RMS Marbles